Patient Journey Mapping
Do you know what your patients think about your healthcare company’s digital & in-person experiences? Before you respond, ask yourself this: How do your customers feel at each interaction point along their journey? Which specific touchpoints tend to cause frustration or confusion?
If you can’t answer those questions with confidence, then you almost certainly have undiscovered pain points. These pain points are putting a drag on your patients’ overall impression of your brand. And that means it’s time to invest in customer journey mapping.
What is Patient Journey Mapping, and Why is it Important?
Patient journey mapping is an exercise that enables your team to develop empathy for your customers by viewing your customer journey through their eyes. By reconstructing each step of a customer’s interactions — and learning how they actually experience each of those interactions — you can uncover UX issues and discover opportunities for improvement.
Most healthcare companies are aware of at least a handful of touchpoints that could stand to be improved upon. Too often, however, they focus on fixing specific, high-profile touchpoints without first taking the time to understand how they relate to every other part of the customer journey. As a result, they may fail to address the root causes of a problem — or solve the wrong one, entirely.
In contrast, patient journey mapping gives you a holistic, bird’s-eye view of what is and isn’t working across all touchpoints (and the departments that own them). Organizations are therefore able to work collaboratively to prioritize strategically and align around a cohesive plan of action.
Patient journey mapping can be useful at any stage of a product’s lifecycle. If you’re at the outset of a new project, use patient journey mapping to ensure you build it the right way the first time. And if you already have a functioning member portal or app, you can use a healthcare customer journey map to further hone your UX and improve customer satisfaction.
The Benefits of Customer Journey Mapping
There are many benefits to customer journey mapping. These include:
- Increased alignment across functional groups
- A documented, end-to-end map of all of the touchpoints that comprise your customer journey
- An understanding of your customers’ emotions related to each touchpoint, as well as major gaps and friction points
- Actionable insights into the friction point your customer faces along their journey
- The ability to appropriately prioritize opportunities in a way that supports your organization’s established KPIs
Our step by step process:
- Put together a cross-functional patient’s journey mapping team
- Review the current state vs. future state patients’ journey mapping.
- Map your touchpoints and identify all of the touchpoints that occur along your patient’s journey.
- Conduct research using a combination of quantitative and qualitative research to thoroughly vet your customer journey map and identify friction points and opportunities for improvement.
- Prioritize next steps selecting your top takeaways to your organization’s established KPIs to identify the highest priority to-do items.
What You Get
An action plan that includes next steps, KPIs, monthly check-ins, weekly meetings, Patient Map including facilitation and direction.
How It Works
- In the first month, I’ll perform a detailed discovery and audit of your current patient journey. This might include a survey with current patients, meeting with several leaders within the organization to benchmark the initial journey
- Once completed, we’ll book our workshop (virtual or in-person)
- From the basis of our workshop, we’ll create an action plan and determine KPIs, and set up accountability meetings for the next 2 months.
- From there, we will systematically build out each area of the journey that requires the most focus. This may include working through software, vendors, processes, or training. It also includes realigning any brand elements that could be better reinforced during the process like voice, tone, and key brand messaging.
- You’ll receive a detailed monthly report to help you understand your data and make better decisions with it based on what was accomplished each week.
Pricing and Terms
The Patient Journey mapping workshop is US$9,500 with three months of accountability and advisory meetings with 1-2 leaders.
100% Money-Back Guarantee
If you’re unsatisfied for any reason after the first 30 days, I’ll refund my entire fee in full. After that, there are no refunds under any circumstances.
Why Choose Me?
- I have over a decade of brand marketing experience 10+ years in the healthcare and wellness industry.
- I have a strong background in brand strategy, product design and development, marketing strategy, and creative art direction
- You’ll get access to my personal network of trusted marketing specialists as needed to build your team.
- I have been an entrepreneur for over 10+ years and understand the trials and tribulations of starting and growing a business.
- I have ongoing experience managing the marketing of healthcare and wellness practices as a fractional CMO.